The core mandate of the Division House Proceedings is to render Secretarial and Procedural Services to the House and the Presiding Officers.
- SECRETARIAL SERVICES
THE DIVISION HOUSE PROCEEDINGS SERVES AS THE SECRETARIAT OF THE HOUSE AND PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- Development of House Order Papers in consultation with the Programming Committee
- Safe- keeping of the Minutes of the Proceedings (House Journals)
- Development of the ATC (Announcements, Tablings and Commitee Reports)
- Co-ordination of Parliamentary Questions and their Responses and the eventual development of the Parliamentary Question Papers
- Development of the Legislative Programme in consultation with the Programming Committee
- Facilitate the filling of vacancies in the House as and when they occur
- Organize the annual State of the Province Address (SOPA)
- PROCEDURAL SERVICES
- Rendering of procedural advice to the Presiding Officers, both during and after the sitting of the House
- Check Compliance with the House Rules and all other applicable legislation in respect of the following:
- Member's Statement
- Legislative Proposals (Bills)
- Committee Reports and other Reports and Papers e.g Auditor General's Reports etc.